What we can help you with
Social Media »
- Are you utilising Social Media to improve the experience of your delegates?
- Do you have the skills and resources required to effectively use these channels?
- Are your social media efforts achieving their promotional and commercial goals?
Format and Frequency »
- Have your events evolved in the last 20 years? Do you believe that there could be a different way of doing things?
- Are you serving your membership and the market correctly?
- Is there an opportunity to increase the frequency of established events?
Growth Strategies »
- Do you believe that your events should be bigger and better but are struggling to get there?
- Could you add extra dimensions or streams to your event?
- Would the event support an exhibition?
- Are you leveraging your events to their maximum to generate both profits and membership?
New Event Launches »
- Have you got an idea for a new event that you would like to develop and test its commercial feasibility?
- Do you need the resources to test new ideas and provide a business and implementation plan?
- Do you need somebody to project manage the launch of a new event?
- Do you think that some of your events may travel well?
- Do you need a true market assessment of the opportunities to export your event to another country?
- Do you already attract attendees from other countries to your event and believe that with more targeted international promotion could expand your programme and/or participation?
Resource Management »
- Is your events team running effectively?
- Is your organisational structure what it should be?
- How much time are volunteers spending on your events? Could their time be used more efficiently?
- Are you struggling to attract new volunteers, are you managing them efficiently and are you rewarding them adequately when they are on board?
Financial Management »
- Are your events being run as efficiently as possible? Would you benefit from a new perspective on your cost base?
- Could you benefit from a line by line review of your event costs? How do they compare with the best in the business?
- Are you making the most of your strengths in contract negotiations with suppliers?
- Are you sure that each new business opportunity is appropriately followed up and secured?
- What is the growth potential of your event? How do you identify where this should come from? How do you make it happen?
- What are your repeat business rates? Could they be better?
- What contact management and pipeline management system do you have? Is it linked to any other system?
- Does your sales team have access to effective business intelligence and pipeline information?
- What are your competitors doing?
- What research plans do you have in place to expand your reach into the market?
Sales Resources »
- Do you struggle with sales resources at peak times?
- Is your sales team functioning as it should? Do you have issues retaining your best people?
- What are your conversion rates like? How do they compare to the best in the business?
- Do you believe that your sales team could benefit with bespoke sales training?
- Are you incentivising your team so that your ambitions are aligned and you are maximising potential?
Business Development »
- Have you reached out to the entire potential market of commercial supporters to maximise revenue?
- Have you developed all the key partnerships that will help your events succeed? Commercial or not-for-profit?
- Are your events reaching non-members and are you subsequently converting them into future active members of your organisation?
- Could you collaborate with any of your competitors joining forces for a stronger and more diverse event?
Marketing and Promotion »
- Do you have the process and systems in place to realistically monitor the effectiveness of every pound you spend on marketing and promotion?
- Are your campaigns working? Do you have the tools in place to assess efficacy?
- What is the cost of acquiring new ‘customers’?
- How much time and money are you spending trying to keep your existing ‘customers’?
- Are you utilising your content effectively and tailoring your messages for the audience?
Website Optimisation »
- Are your event websites providing an effective tool for disseminating information and generating income?
- Are they suitably promoting your supporters and volunteers?
- Do your events have standalone URLs or are they housed within your main site?
- Is it easy to navigate your site and is it fit for purpose?
- Does your programme content flow through directly to your website or do you have to manage multiple systems?
- Are your event websites Search Engine Optimised?
Content and Programme Development »
- Is it becoming increasingly difficult to develop timely and relevant content or, do you have too much that you are struggling to cope?
- Is it time to refocus the scope of your event?
- Are your APPs enhancing the experience of delegates and visitors?
- Are you leveraging your content, both on site and after the event, to its maximum potential?
Public Relations and Media »
- Are you making enough noise about how great your events are? Do you have access to people that others would simply dream of and should you be shouting about it?
- Have you exploited all Public Relations opportunities to drive attendance and exhibitors to your events?
- Are your customers/members/exhibitors reaching out to their contacts to help promote your events?
- Are your crisis management plans in place and functional?
- Would you, your board and your senior staff benefit from bespoke media training?
Customer Services »
- Is each customer opportunity being acted upon and maximised?
- Do you frequently ask your stakeholders what they want and ensure your events and services are targeted to their needs?
- Are you serving all customers of your organisation with events focusing on their interests?
- Are all your customer contacts promoting the benefits of your mission?
Market Research »
- Do you use surveys effectively? Are you asking the right questions?
- How do you use your data? Are you making good use of survey results?
- How do you measure successful stakeholder engagement and account management?
- Do you know who your competitors are and what they are doing?
The goal of social media is to turn customers into a volunteer marketing army.Jay Baer
Let us help you maximise the commercial and membership potential of your events.